I've had SO many people asking me how I've went from only running 3-4 miles at a time just 2 months ago, to now being able to 9 miles at a time.
I want to first off say, I am NOT a running expert. I've been running for a long time, but I'm continually a student, especially as I'm evolving into a distance runner.
But I can and am more than willing to share what I have been doing in order to build up my distance! <3
Here are some tips to go along with this workout:
1. Get PROPER running sneakers. Hands down, best thing I've ever done for my legs, joints, and feet for running.
2. Only increase your mileage by 1 mile PER WEEK.
3. Release the desire to want to increase your speed when you're trying to increase your distance. Once you achieve the distance, THEN you can start to work on your speed.
4. STRETCH STRETCH STRETCH. Before a run. After a run. Anytime you feel tight. NEVER forget this.
5. As always, keep your core tight.
6. BLAST music in your ears that will motivate you to keep going.
7. Hydrate, and eat proper nutrition!
This specific workout can be modified to be anywhere from 3 miles and up!
Here's a playlist of music that gets me pumping that'll take you through an entire 5 mile run. <3
Please share and tag your friends in the Facebook post who are either runners, or want-to-be runners!
Just a 29 year old fitness loving, simple food eating, guitar playing, wine drinking, #MomBoss of 2. Inspiring the shit out of other women to BE MORE. ✌️