For anyone following me, you HAVE to know I've basically been obsessed with running since the beginning of the year. And since then, I've increased my miles per run from 3-4 up to 10. I don't run long runs for EVERY run, but I try to get in one long run per week.
I've posted a graphic that shows exactly how I've built my endurance up to be able to run for so long. You can find that here.
Now I wanted to give you all a look at the speed in which I'm running in order to gain distance. The two most important things in my opinion, (and remember I am NOT an expert!), is to make sure you're steady with your pace for the most part, and that you don't overexert yourself. If your muscles fail out, your run is over.
Here are a few tips to keep in mind while you increase your distance:
1. Get PROPER running sneakers. Hands down, best thing I've ever done for my legs, joints, and feet for running.
2. Only increase your mileage by 1 mile PER WEEK.
3. Release the desire to want to increase your speed when you're trying to increase your distance. Once you achieve the distance, THEN you can start to work on your speed.
4. STRETCH STRETCH STRETCH. Before a run. After a run. Anytime you feel tight. NEVER forget this.
5. As always, keep your core tight.
6. BLAST music in your ears that will motivate you to keep going.
7. Hydrate, and eat proper nutrition!
8. Listen to your body. Recognize pain vs. fatigue. If you feel PAIN, consult with a doctor and/or reassess your distance, speed, and the amount of running you're doing.
Here's a playlist of music that keeps me going on my runs! I'm always adding to it! <3
Please share and tag your friends on Facebook who are either runners, or want-to-be runners!
Just a 29 year old fitness loving, simple food eating, guitar playing, wine drinking, #MomBoss of 2. Inspiring the shit out of other women to BE MORE. ✌️